Monday, August 15, 2011

12 Week Challenge; Let's End This!

 


I’m done. I’m done waiting to be that size that I want to be. I’m done saying “I’ll start over Monday”. I’m done being unhappy with my current life, waiting for my perfect one to just magically happen. I’m just done.

I never was a believer in putting an “end date” on my weight loss. It was supposed to be a process and journey to gaining a healthier, happier, fitter me. Well that’s all well and good when I’m actually sticking to the plan - but right now I need to give myself a swift kick in the behind.

I’ve got 21 lbs left to lose. I want to lose these 21 lbs in 3 months. It’s a pretty high order when you consider over the last year and a half I’ve lost 24 lbs. I can’t just half ass this (like I have certainly done in the past) - I actually need to kick it into gear.

Naturally, because I’m a Type A brain with a Type B level of motivation, I want to plan plan plan! Funnily enough, what’s motivating me the most is because I start up my new job in the fall, and will need a new wardrobe. I don’t want to spend money on clothes that I hope won’t fit me in the future. Time to FINISH THIS!

Step 1: Meal Plan.
- Find recipes that are not only easy - but that I enjoy. The challenge for me will be to actually stick to the plan when life gets hectic.

Step 2: Work it Out!
I’ve got to up my cardio and strength workouts. I need to not only be more consistent, but I need to start pushing myself to go harder, faster and achieve more. I think it’s time to reinstate the booty call! Use that for my cardio, and then in the afternoon do strength workouts.

Step 3: Goals and Rewards.
Ok. So if weight loss isn’t motivation enough, than I’m pretty sure the promise of rewards will be enough for me. I think 5 lbs weight loss increments is decent… 1 lb weight loss rewards would be even more acceptable!

Step 4: Participation!
Let’s face it, we all seem to be more willing and able to commit to weight loss when we interact and discuss it. Twitter is great… The TIU community is also another place to discuss and interact with people going through the same thing!

So. What’s to come from me?

1. Meal Plans
2. Workout Calendars
3. List of Rewards : )
4. Vision Board
5. Updates/Journals/Information on Losing IT!

Please stay tuned, follow me on my twitter (kaleigh86) and visit me on my tone it up profile page. Any thoughts, comments, tips or suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!


2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love and totally relate to everything you've just said. It's pretty crazy how much I could have sworn that I wrote this :P I think what you're doing is awesome, and I love how motivated you are!
    You also just made me realize that that I never honestly set an end date of my weight loss, even though I've gotten there before and then couldn't accept it. You get so in love/obsessed with the process/journey that it will go on forever, and thus you're never satisfied/happy and obviously you'll never get there since there's no end! Thanks for pointing that out...
    (I'm also probably on the verge of also signing up for TIU for the same motivational reasons) Geez... that was a long comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do hate putting a time frame on weight loss - but it is giving myself somewhere to look to. It's still a challenge - but breaking that down into mini goals certainly helps.

    TIU is a great place to start if you need a extra motivation. The initial price seems steep - but I have ordered it in June, and have already received an update of over 20 pages.

    ReplyDelete